Thursday, January 7, 2016

Trip to the Booth Western Museum - Cartersville, GA

Yesterday, I made a short trip to a museum I have never visited: The Booth Museum of Western Art, located in Cartersville, GA. While I went there seeking an exhibit featuring Ansel Adams (which was excellent), I was surprised to find an entire section of the museum dedicated to Civil War artwork. Who would have known? Yes, Cartersville did play a role in the Atlanta Campaign, but I wasn't figuring on finding anything related to the Civil War. Well, the collection that they present is very robust, featuring works by Don Troiani and Mort Kunstler, among others. And the presentation is in chronological order around the walls of the large room, with pieces of sculpture and a cannon placed in the interior.
http://boothmuseum.org/exhibitions/permanent-exhibitions/civil-war-art/

No comments:

Post a Comment